06 December 2015

Inspriration for Christmas decorating.

I'm thinking of a new header for my blog.
 more in keeping with the festive season, how about this one ?
Maybe with some snow falling, that's if I can ever figure out
how to get the widget or what ever it's called to work on my blog.


I still haven't got myself into the spirit of Christmas décor yet.
Perhaps if I take a look at photos from previous years.
and show them to you, I might get some inspiration.

Although I've lived in France for 26 yrs.
 I still keep a lot of my English family traditions.
It's a must to bring into the house lots of greenery.
Living in la campagne/countryside that's easy.



 Usually I start with a wreath made with pine branches, not unlike this one,
which was shown in  ESPRIT d'ici December 2014.



but I would hang it on the front door.
Like this one I made in 2012


Or this one on the front door of La Petite Maison


This was also Christmas 2012.


I can't show you my wreath as I haven't made it yet.
 I might even do something totally different this year.
Maybe like this one, shown in an English magazine
called Country Living.
I keep my magazines for years, especially the Christmas issues .



Here's a nice idea from the recipe pages,
 dried apples dipped in chocolate.

I'll also fill some empty flowerpots.
and put them on the window ledges, inside and out.


Now for the tree.
I might surprise you with this info,
I use an artificial tree, that I've had for years.

This was my country cottage style,

Then in 2012
 I used silver/gold and white, to decorate the tree.


This tree was at our daughters house a few years ago,
I love the chic way she used a vintage terracotta urn.
Our grandsons always decorate their tree,
 but I'm not so sure now they are young men.
however they do still love the magic of Christmas,
so perhaps they might surprise me. I hope so.


Lighting the candles in Denmark
Christmas 2005.

Always a real tree for my son and his family .
They even go to the growers, choose and cut their chosen tree.


When we are there, the job of decorating the tree is given to me.
 The boys  like to help, but usually give up before it's finished.



Maybe you might like a rustic tree.


with a rustic angel.


In our daughters home maybe their snowmen family, 
will be brought out for their table decoration again.
I hope Winnie-the-Pooh will be brought out and
 dressed again for Christmas, to give Eeyore the donkey
a hug, at our Danish grandsons home.



I hope you've enjoyed joining me on my search
looking for Christmas decorating inspiration.

Now all I need is to ask Mr France to reach up onto the top shelf
in our store cupboard, and bring down the box of decorations.
Then I can begin.

and for you to keep following my posts
to see how I decide to decorate.

I'm sure  a lot of you will have been busy this weekend
and will have already decorated your homes
I'm looking forward to see what you have done.

à bientôt

Barbara Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you