11 January 2015

Sunlit-Sunday from rural France.


This is my 1st time on Sunlit Sunday.

I couldn't have chosen a more un-sunny day.

I don't think we'll be sitting here for coffee this morning.




A few mins. before I took this photo, the sun was shining through the window
onto this orange plant. That's photography for you, 
patience is needed and that's something I admit I don't have !



Sunday in our house is when the ornamental Orange tree gets it's weekly feed. 
Mr France looks after this and has taken it outside for a little sun.
 Yes I did say sun, as since I started this post the sun has come out again.




Just thought I'd check on the Romarin / Rosemary.
Since my trip to Denmark, I haven't looked at the garden very much as we've had so much rain.
The sun was shining on it ,so that's good as it needs some warmth.



The sun has now crept around to the front of the house.


and it's now beginning to show a lot more blue.



I then went to the front of the house to take a photo of my new view. During the past few months someone has been cutting down a lot a trees. We are surrounded by trees and this should have been done many years ago. I'll be watching to see what starts to grow now the ground is open to the sun . 


Notice the sun has gone again
That's how my Sunlit Sunday has been this morning

If I understand there are some rules I must follow. I'm sure they can be broken a bit,
So I hope if I do show a few photos from another day it will be allowed.
This being my first time to join this link ALL my photos have been taken this morning.
Maybe it's made me have a little more patience than usual .
That's a good lesson for me.
Also it's the first time I've ever joined in anything which requires links.
If you read my blog you will know I'm not very technical when it involves
computer know how. I did panic a bit after I'd gone to all this effort
and I couldn't find my instructions on how to link.
Yes, I need to follow step by step instructions each time I want to show a link.
My blogging friend Daphne from Ivy Phyllis and Me. kindly sent them to me.
Daphne you are always in my thoughts and especially now when I'm linking..


In the sunlit window, is my new Orchid house plant. 
It was given to me by the Commune Floral Committee


 My last photo showing my new view taken through the kitchen window .


I've enjoyed participating in this and I hope you have too
 hope I'll have the time to join in every Sunday

Today I'm linking with Sunlit Sunday.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian



15 comments:

  1. Welcome to Sunlit Sunday, Barbara Lilian. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos of your little corner of France. The sun is often elusive at this time of year. There was none here today so I made my own with artificial lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I am so pleased you decided to join with Sunlit Sunday this week. Your linking worked beautifully, so well done! (I know Daphne's beautiful blog, although without Google + I can't comment on it. Do say "hello" for me, please.)

    How nice that I can travel from Canada to see your part of France on this Sunday. Your ornamental orange is beautiful and gives such a nice blast of colour at this time of year. The orchid is gorgeous as well. To answer your concern, your photos don't have to be from just one day. It's fun to look for bright spots over the course of the week.

    I hope you enjoy visiting some of the other bloggers who have linked posts and that you'll return again next week.

    -Karen at ☀Sunlit Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely set of images. The sun was peekaboo where you were. We have had mostly grey lately....such is winter weather for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some lovely shots to share today. How great to have your herbs growing for cooking. I would love to share one of your oranges from your tree--with Mr. France's permission, of course!!! Yes, you do need patience to get 'that ' shot with the camera, but sometimes, it's just being in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea, I haven't heard of 'sunlit Sunday' before and I agree with you how special it is when we do get one! Sundays here in France are definitely quieter than in the UK with families doing relaxing things together and not shopping! By the way, did you get my emails last week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping this year brings you and Mr. France lots of sunlit Sundays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely view through your windows. I love orange trees and rosemary. So nice to armchair travel around the world! Happy Sun Lit Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara,
    I laughed about your link comment because I do not like putting links on either haha. The orange tree is so pretty; I've never seen an ornamental orange tree. How nice of your husband to bring it outside and take care of it. It has been a bit dreary here too and it was even foggy the other day, but the sun always tries to peek through here in California. Your orchid is simply wonderful. You have a way with plants. I must learn from you, as I want to plant a few things this spring at my new home.

    Have a nice week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting post. Such a big difference between your weather and ours, though we both have sun (sometimes)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara, thanks for your comments on my blog. I have had a fiddle with the settings and my email address appears at the very end of my blog. Perhaps you could send me your address and I will forward the messages to you. We'll get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whether you have sun or not, your home is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful images of the place that is your home Barbara. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. I don't think that I'd worry that the sun went in …… not many of us live in a place that is sunny all of the time, all day, everyday !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad the sun came out for you. It has been rare here north of Toronto but the sun IS shining today so I need to get out with my camera. I can see it is much warmer there right now than it is here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there. I joined this link party earlier this week but didn't see your post to comment on so am doing so today after you visited my blog. I love your stone cottage and the lovely views and sunny photos. I hope you are enjoying more sunny days soon. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear Barbara,

    I loved seeing the beautiful images of your place with the sunlight and the lovely orange tree.
    Have a great weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you