16 April 2012

The wild flowers in the garden, are just as pretty as the cultivated ones.

This morning having taken a stroll around the garden & the field, I found so many pretty wild flowers. I thought I'd share them by posting a few photos.
When I lived in England it was'nt considered a proper garden if the weeds were left to flower, however since I've lived here in the countryside of France, our house which was once a barn being part of a small farm it's literally in the middle of farm land, so really it's  plonked in the middle of a field.
I needed to change the way I thought about my garden. Now I let all the wild flowers grow in abundence, woe betide if my husband dares to put a blade any where near them untill they are past their best.
I was excited to find the first blue bells down by the stream not many yet; but hopefully the river banks will soon be a mass of blue & yellow from the Marsh-marigolds & the Yellow Iris . But the best find was some Cow-slips, I haven't seen them near my house before. But the scent that thrilled me the most came from the wild Violets. People do say the wild ones don't have any perfume, well they need to visit the French country-side.
I know we are not supposed to pick the wild flowers, but as they were growing on my land, I felt I had the right & was privileged to be able to do so.


 A posy of wild flowers from the field in a 'Tasse de Cafe'


The Cow- slips


A Carpet of wild Violets in the banks.


The Common Dandelion
when you look at the form of the petals it's  a very pretty flower.

As we say, 'Wet the bed' but known as 'Pissenlit' in French !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you